Wednesday, 14 December 2011
First 5 Things To Do If Pregnant
Pregnancy is a new stage in a woman's life as it gives an additional responsibility of being a mother. When a woman comes to know that she pregnant, she may feel very happy or if it was unplanned, it may be a shock with many unanswered questions about her future. Today, we will discuss about the top 5 things a woman should do when she comes to know she is pregnant. These pregnancy care tips hold good for all those woman who would want to continue with the process.
5 Things You Need To Do If Pregnant – Pregnancy Care
1. Visit A doctor For Confirmation And Know What To Be Done Further – The first thing that needs to be done if pregnant is appoint a midwife for your day and night care. Ask her to keep an eye on the next doctor check up, your diet and hygiene. You need to take a review of the family history (of to be mother and father), the condition of your health, etc. You need to also get immuned by taking vaccines for Chicken Pox, Rubella, H1N1 like diseases. Keep a constant check on the blood pressure and glucose levels.
2. Continue Taking Folic Acid – The supplement is very crucial for a healthy pregnancy so at least 400 mcg of folic acid needs to be taken in the first trimester. Folic acid prevents neural defect in babies so do not take chances avoiding the vitamin. Folic acid can be taken through multi vitamin pills or by eating the acid rich fruits and vegetables.
3. Give Up Bad Habits – It is just not enough if you control smoking or drinking before getting pregnant. The habits need to be totally avoided all through pregnancy. The poisonous toxins such as tobacco can cause miscarriage and premature birth. The low birth weight can lead to multiple problems in the newborn so the only way to get rid of such problems is by giving up the habit permanently.
4. Check Your Weight – Weight issues can be a problem in many ways. The gain in weight can cause a lot pressure on the back and legs. It may also affect heart by varying blood pressure and sugar levels. Weight gain can also make the vaginal delivery very painful. Exercising and relaxation is very important when you get to know that you are pregnant
5. Eat Healthy - 4 cups of fruits and vegetables, protein rich and calcium rich foods need to be a part of your daily diet. Eating tuna fish every week will help in the baby's eye and brain development. Also a few fish types are not for pregnant women. Fishes like shark, swordfish or king mackerel need to be totally avoided. These points need to be strictly considered for a healthy pregnancy.